ATHLETIC & WELLNESS CENTRE
Update on AWC Opening
– Fitness Centre (upper floor)
– Track (partial)
– Gym Floor (find the schedule on the Campus Recreation IG account)
– Squash Courts – book in-person at Guest Services or online at the AWC portal (account and sign in needed)
– Change Rooms and Showers (must bring your own towel)
– Lockers (must bring own lock)
FACILITY HOURS OF OPERATION
Transition Between Winter/Summer Semester
April 25 to May 8 – Monday thru Friday – Open 8:00AM to 7:30PM
Weekends – Closed
Summer semester begins Monday May 9, 2022
May 9 to August 19 – Monday thru Friday – Open 7:00AM to 7:30PM
ParkingParking is available in Lot 6. Centennial College parking rates will apply.
MASKS ARE MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES WHILE MOVING THROUGH THE AWC FACILITY. THEY MAY BE REMOVED DURING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROVIDED APPROPRIATE DISTANCING OR BARRIERS ARE MAINTAINED.
We are excited to welcome you back! A few things will look different, including our fitness centre layout and our access procedures. Here is what you need to know about returning to the AWC:
Out of an abundance of caution and to address the concerns of colleagues and students who remain hesitant about returning to campus, the College has extended its mask mandate through the summer semester.
Active screening and check-in are no longer required for access, but we ask that you not attend campus if you are symptomatic.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8am – 9pm
SAFE WORKOUT RULES
- Wear a mask while moving around the facility
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wipe down equipment and machines before and after use
UPDATED HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection will take place for all high touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, Customer Service counters, automatic door operators, elevator buttons, toilet flush handles, etc.).
- Disinfectants used will be only those listed as approved against COVID on the Government of Canada website for use on hard surfaces.
- Extra cleaning staff will be scheduled for operational hours, dedicated to continuously disinfecting surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances to the building, including at the loading dock, as well as located in the building at entrances to fields of play, etc.
- All AWC equipment (e.g. basketballs) will be disinfected by AWC staff or by users. Sharing of equipment will not be permitted. Some equipment will not be provided because it cannot be adequately disinfected (e.g. boxing gloves).
- Towel service will not be available.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available for Fitness Centre users to disinfect equipment prior to and after use.
- Soap and water are available in numerous locations throughout the building and cleaning staff are checking stock levels frequently.
- Overnight cleaning will be thorough with all surfaces cleaned and disinfected.
- Air handling units are state-of-the-art and, as always, continuously add fresh outdoor air, filter the air, and temper the air.
- Air handling unit (AHU) filters receive regular and timely filter changes.
- Preventative maintenance on AHUs is moved to overnight so that there is no downtime during operational hours.
- Additional fresh air will be added to the system, as possible, in consideration also of outdoor air temperatures.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – all staff will be provided with and trained on appropriate PPE (e.g. gloves for handling money, masks for all staff, etc.)
- Specialized protective equipment will be implemented, such as plexiglass shields at all service desks and food counters and medical PPE for first aid staff to offer full protection.
- Reconfigured workspaces where necessary.
- Modification of duties to support physical distancing.
- Modified behaviour guidelines – physical distancing, no shaking hands, no touching clients.
- Staff scheduled to reduce the number of staff who are in at once.
- Continue to have remote working for some positions where possible to maximize physical distancing guidance.
- Meeting room added as a dedicated lunch space to permit physical distancing with masks off away from work areas.
- Additional sick days for COVID-related symptoms to keep the workplace safe.