ATHLETIC & WELLNESS CENTRE
- Fitness Centre
- Indoor Track
- Gym Floor (Check out the Campus Recreation Programs)
- Rock Climbing Wall (Drop-in Monday to Wednesday from 1 PM – 5 PM)
- Squash Courts – book in-person at Guest Services or online at the AWC portal
- Change Rooms and Showers (bring your own towel)
- Lockers (must bring your own lock)
FACILITY HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM TO 10:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday from 10 AM – 5 PM
Parking is available in Lot 6. Centennial College parking rates will apply.
Centennial College will remain a mask-friendly environment.
Everyone is free to make the best decision for themselves. The Ontario government recommends that you should continue to wear a mask if you feel it is right for you or if you are at high risk for severe illness.
Active screening and check-in are no longer required for access, but we ask that you not attend campus if you are symptomatic.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 we want you to remain at home and isolated
General Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Rock Wall Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
1:00 PM – 5:00 am
Friday, April 7 – Good Friday – Closed
Saturday, April 8 and Sunday, April 9 – Easter Weekend – Closed
Friday, April 14 – CCSAI Staff Event – Early Closure – 3:00 pm
Modified AWC Hours – Transitioning Winter to Spring SemesterEffective April 22 – May 7
Saturday, April 22 and Sunday, April 23 – Closed
Monday, April 24 to Friday, April 28 – 7:00 am to 7:30 pm
Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30 – Closed
Monday, May 1 to Friday, May 5 – 7:00 am to 7:30 pm
Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7 – Closed
Summer AWC Hours
Begins Monday, May 8, 2023
Monday to Friday – 7:00 am to 7:3 0pm
Saturdays and Sundays – Closed
SAFE WORKOUT RULES
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wipe down equipment and machines before and after use
The Centennial College Student Association Inc. facilities exist for the safe, respectful and enjoyable use by students, members and authorized guests. Failure to support this positive environment may result in loss of member’s privileges including but not limited to suspension.
UPDATED HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection will take place for all high touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, Customer Service counters, automatic door operators, elevator buttons, toilet flush handles, etc.).
- Disinfectants used will be only those listed as approved against COVID on the Government of Canada website for use on hard surfaces.
- Extra cleaning staff will be scheduled for operational hours, dedicated to continuously disinfecting surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances to the building, including at the loading dock, as well as located in the building at entrances to fields of play, etc.
- All AWC equipment (e.g. basketballs) will be disinfected by AWC staff or by users. Sharing of equipment will not be permitted. Some equipment will not be provided because it cannot be adequately disinfected (e.g. boxing gloves).
- Towel service will not be available.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available for Fitness Centre users to disinfect equipment prior to and after use.
- Soap and water are available in numerous locations throughout the building and cleaning staff are checking stock levels frequently.
- Overnight cleaning will be thorough with all surfaces cleaned and disinfected.
- Air handling units are state-of-the-art and, as always, continuously add fresh outdoor air, filter the air, and temper the air.
- Air handling unit (AHU) filters receive regular and timely filter changes.
- Preventative maintenance on AHUs is moved to overnight so that there is no downtime during operational hours.
- Additional fresh air will be added to the system, as possible, in consideration also of outdoor air temperatures.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – all staff will be provided with and trained on appropriate PPE (e.g. gloves for handling money, masks for all staff, etc.)
- Specialized protective equipment will be implemented, such as plexiglass shields at all service desks and food counters and medical PPE for first aid staff to offer full protection.
- Reconfigured workspaces where necessary.
- Modification of duties to support physical distancing.
- Modified behaviour guidelines – physical distancing, no shaking hands, no touching clients.
- Staff scheduled to reduce the number of staff who are in at once.
- Continue to have remote working for some positions where possible to maximize physical distancing guidance.
- Meeting room added as a dedicated lunch space to permit physical distancing with masks off away from work areas.
- Additional sick days for COVID-related symptoms to keep the workplace safe.