ATHLETIC & WELLNESS CENTRE
Update on AWC Opening
The AWC Fitness Centre (2nd floor) We will be re-opening on Monday January 31, 2022 for limited operating hours. All members must follow our new access guidelines including providing proof of vaccination and accepting our updated Member/Waiver Form (updated September 2021). You can set up an account at portal.myawc.ca to accept the updated agreement.
Updated January 26, 2022
REOPENING JANUARY 31! COVID-19 public health measures and advice please visit covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures#returning-to-our-plan-to-safely-reopen-ontarioThe Government of Ontario has announced that they will start to slowly ease public health measures that have been in place to curb the spread of the highly-contagious COVID-19 Omicron variant. On January 31, 2022, the AWC will be allowed to reopen at 50% capacity as part of the Provincial Reopening Plan. For more details about the current
OPEN AMENITIESChange Rooms
Lockers (must bring own lock)Fitness Centre (upper floor) Track: (Partial)
As of January 31, 2022
FACILITY HOURS OF OPERATIONMonday to Friday: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm Entrance All members will continue to enter and exit through the North Entrance Parking Parking is available in Lot 6. Centennial College parking rates will apply.
MASKS ARE MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES WHILE MOVING THROUGH THE AWC FACILITY. THEY MAY BE REMOVED DURING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROVIDED APPROPRIATE DISTANCING OR BARRIERS ARE MAINTAINED.
We are excited to welcome you back! A few things will look different, including our fitness centre layout and our access procedures. Here is what you need to know about returning to the AWC:
Health Screening Upon Arrival
We remain committed to protecting the safety of the College community above all else. In accordance with Province of Ontario regulations and Centennial College Return to Campus Protocols, we require each member accessing the facility to provide proof of two (2) doses of approved COVID-19 vaccine(s). Proof of vaccination can be retrieved from https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ and can be stored on your mobile device or uploaded to the Centennial College Safety Watch app. For more information about the provincial madate, please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/page/government-ontario
Download the Centennial College Safety Watch app and complete the Pre-Screening Assessment. You must complete the Pre-Screening Assessment each day before you head to campus. If you do not have a cell phone, you can fill out a Pre-Screening Assessment form at the AWC.
- Upload your proof of vaccination to the Centennial College Safety Watch app. For any questions about the College’s COVID Immunization Policy, please visit here.
- Go to the AWC show your pre-screening assessment and proof of vaccine to the AWC staff. You will also need to show your Mycard and photo ID as required.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 10am – 9pm
SAFE WORKOUT RULES
- Wear a mask while moving around the facility
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wipe down equipment and machines before and after use
UPDATED HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection will take place for all high touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, Customer Service counters, automatic door operators, elevator buttons, toilet flush handles, etc.).
- Disinfectants used will be only those listed as approved against COVID on the Government of Canada website for use on hard surfaces.
- Extra cleaning staff will be scheduled for operational hours, dedicated to continuously disinfecting surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances to the building, including at the loading dock, as well as located in the building at entrances to fields of play, etc.
- All AWC equipment (e.g. basketballs) will be disinfected by AWC staff or by users. Sharing of equipment will not be permitted. Some equipment will not be provided because it cannot be adequately disinfected (e.g. boxing gloves).
- Towel service will not be available.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available for Fitness Centre users to disinfect equipment prior to and after use.
- Soap and water are available in numerous locations throughout the building and cleaning staff are checking stock levels frequently.
- Overnight cleaning will be thorough with all surfaces cleaned and disinfected.
- Air handling units are state-of-the-art and, as always, continuously add fresh outdoor air, filter the air, and temper the air.
- Air handling unit (AHU) filters receive regular and timely filter changes.
- Preventative maintenance on AHUs is moved to overnight so that there is no downtime during operational hours.
- Additional fresh air will be added to the system, as possible, in consideration also of outdoor air temperatures.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – all staff will be provided with and trained on appropriate PPE (e.g. gloves for handling money, masks for all staff, etc.)
- Specialized protective equipment will be implemented, such as plexiglass shields at all service desks and food counters and medical PPE for first aid staff to offer full protection.
- Reconfigured workspaces where necessary.
- Modification of duties to support physical distancing.
- Modified behaviour guidelines – physical distancing, no shaking hands, no touching clients.
- Staff scheduled to reduce the number of staff who are in at once.
- Continue to have remote working for some positions where possible to maximize physical distancing guidance.
- Meeting room added as a dedicated lunch space to permit physical distancing with masks off away from work areas.
- Additional sick days for COVID-related symptoms to keep the workplace safe.