By Jordan Tam
Always on the go, or can’t think of something to eat after a run or workout, but don’t want to spend too much on take-out? Meal prep can be time-consuming, but this recipe is a quick, healthy meal that can be made without sacrificing time or effort!
It is perfect for any lifestyle – whether you’re in a rush, or not! The main ingredient of this recipe is the rotisserie chicken, which has already been prepared and cooked. This will save a lot of time, as most of the work is just to assemble everything together in one pan! One serving of this fried rice contains approximately 20-25g of protein, which is optimal for rebuilding muscles after exercise.
Note: It is best to use day-old rice (cook the rice the day before!) as it is drier and can absorb more moisture when preparing all the ingredients in one pan, which will result in more flavour.
What you need:
· Wooden Spatula/Cooking utensil
· Wok/Frying pan
· Cutting board + knife
· ½ Rotisserie Chicken (shredded)
· 2 Cups of cooked rice
· 2 cloves of garlic – minced
· 2 eggs
· 1 carrot peeled and diced
· ¼ onion diced
· 1 Green onion – chopped
· ½ Red Bell Pepper – Diced
· 1 tbsp – Sriracha/Soy sauce for taste
· 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Add 1tbsp of olive oil to a large saucepan over medium to high heat. Add garlic and sauté until brown and fragrant. Add carrots and pepper and sauté until caramelized and tender. If the veggies are browning too much, be sure to reduce the heat a bit.
2. Push the veggies to one side of the saucepan, and add the eggs to gently fry while constantly stirring them for 1 min.
3. Add the rice and chicken to the saucepan and stir everything together – turn the heat off as the residual heat will continue cooking – add sriracha or soy sauce for taste.